This year has gone by so fast. I can't believe I'm writing about Halloween, the first of the Fall/Winter holidays. Halloween has never been my most favorite holiday but it signifies the start of the crazy fun Holiday season! The beginning of October I started thinking of Evie's costume. In the back of my mind, I thought an obvious choice would be Elsa. However I knew she would be one of many and there are other characters that she's into right now. So then I thought her favorite program characters.....Daniel Tiger, Strawberry Shortcake and Tinkerbell. We watch a lot of Daniel Tiger. It's so cute how she says his name and asks to watch it. I like it because the program is produced by PBS and is based from Mister Rogers Neighborhood. Every episode teaches a basic preschool lesson with cute songs and sayings that get stuck in your head! Anyway, Daniel Tiger was my first choice but he wears a red wool sweater, and red sneakers and he's a tiger. I didn't think Evie would understand if I put her in a Daniel Tiger costume. And few people would know who Daniel Tiger is.
My second thought was for Strawberry Shortcake. However the main part of her costume is her long red hair and red hat and I didn't think I could get Evie to wear that. Then I had a Ah-ha moment, Tinkerbell of course! She watches the movies on Netflix and loves Tinkerbell. Ding, ding ding we have a winner!! Originally, I wanted to make her costume using tutorials online by making a green tutu dress and then finding white fairy wings. But then I saw her Tinkerbell costume online and thought it looked way better than the one I was going to make for her! When I first put it on her on Halloween, she was trying to peel it off minutes later but then we went outside to do a little photo session. That was all it took for her to change her mind. She was running around the yard like a little fluttering fairy and smiling for the camera. She loved it!
Down here in the South, Halloween trick-or-treating has no set time. Well this is crazy to me! Evie was all dressed and ready, the candy in a basket and dinner dishes cleaned by 5:30 pm. The first trick-or-treater arrived around 6pm. Evie saw me giving Tinkerbell and Elsa candy and waving bye-bye. The next trick-or-treaters were all Evie's. She wanted in on the candy handout. She picked up a Snickers from the basket I was holding and handed it to Elsa with a smile on her face. She was laughing and smiling! Later on when we went to our next door neighbors house, she gingerly took a 100 grand from the bowl but when she asked Evie if she wanted another one, she declined. Pretty sure, she liked giving more than receiving. That's my sweet girl! Love her so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment