Sunday, November 23, 2014

25 months old



Evelyn Rose
You are growing up so fast. Your Mommy cannot handle it. Please slow down. Every day you're learning more and more and every day I am learning more and more. I love being your Ma-ma. Tonight while putting you down for bedtime, you got into a hysterical laughing fit when you accidentally flicked your water bottle straw at my face and water splashed on my face. I gasped and you could not stop laughing. I want to remember that laugh forever. You don't laugh like that often. And usually it's because something your brother did. :)

You are 25 months old. In one word I would describe you as SWEET.
Everyone who meets you tells me how sweet you are. Last week we had a MOPS play date at Chickfila and you kept running up to strangers in the play area and giving them hugs and big grins. Granted, these were other young moms with their children but you practically gave me an anxiety attack. Then you sat down on the lap of a mother sitting on the floor. Oh my Evie I hope you always have this sweet demeanor.

Here is the 25 month update:

When we ask you, "Where's your fat tum-tum?" You'll stick out your belly and walk around with your hands on your hips and laugh.

I drove into a plaza with a Starbucks in it. You immediately point out the Starbucks to me and say Starbucks over and over again.....until we went through the drive-thru.

You got the flu-mist at your 2 year well checkup and you had a fever off/on for 2 days. :(

You point out Granddad and Grandma and KK in your baby albums. It's so cute.

I put you in new one-piece pajamas (you haven't had a pair since you turned one) and you jumped around so excited with your new pajamas and excitedly pointed out the "shoes"!  

"A Da-da"  Every word is preceded by "a". It's so darn cute. For example, when I tell you it's nap time, you run over to Daddy's office and say "a da-da" and knock on his door to let him know it's time for a piggyback ride.

You like having some quiet time in your crib when you wake up. I'll know you want some alone time because I'll go into your room to get you and you'll throw yourself down on the mattress. So I'll give you some books and let you be. I understand honey. Who wants to get out of bed as soon as they get up?

"Pun-kin" You are obsessed with pumpkins. Tis the season!

You are not opposed to sitting on your potty chair but that is where you draw the line. You're not interested in potty training right now. Maybe next month! 

You love Bentley so much. You love to tease him and "play" with him. 

You point out the cars and trucks when we're driving. You don't like drive-thrus. But you're starting to understand why I'm talking to a black box and a person talks back to me. 

We love you sweet girl. Please stop growing. Listen to your Mother!













No comments: