Sunday, May 27, 2012

Evelyn’s Nursery

 

x

 

This is Evelyn’s nursery inspiration board I created using Polyvore. As you can see, the primary colors are blue, white, grey and pink. Very shabby chic and simple. I want the room to be able to grow with her and I feel the décor and design does that. It was hard to be inspired by all the nursery themes out there. The majority of themes for girls are baby animals, ladybugs, Winnie the pooh, and flowers.  With all of those themes you would have to redecorate in a few years! Another reason I stepped away from the typical baby nursery décor is I wanted to enjoy being in Evelyn’s room. I can’t wait until her room is finished and ready for her arrival. 

All of the items on this board are items we will either be purchasing or using for inspiration (if I find them somewhere else for a better price).  The crib has already been purchased. It’s the Graco Lauren convertible white crib. Yesterday, we ordered the glider recliner in a different fabric than shown (it’s a lighter grey) and it will be arriving in 4-6 weeks. It is SO comfortable. I look forward to feeding her in that chair and reading her bedtime stories. The rug and curtains are from Urban Outfitters. The dresser and bookcase are from Ikea. They are both very popular in nurseries I have seen. The bedding arrived last week and I couldn’t be more pleased with it. I ordered 2 crib sheets and 2 changing pad covers, one of each in the gray damask design and aqua color. I also bought a white crib skirt from Amazon. The aqua lamp and wall shelves are from Target. I plan on putting the wall shelves above the dresser with various frames and trinkets. The aqua storage baskets are from World Market. A great find for only $8. I have a few projects up my sleeve as well! The pink rosette ball is part of a mobile tutorial I found online. Hopefully it’s not too difficult to create. The end result will be a beautiful focal point for the room.

I love the room and can’t wait to see it come to life!

No comments: