Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Shopping for Baby

For the last 3 months I have been scoping out the best baby bargains and the best baby products to register for. It was quite overwhelming. Let me tell you that the “baby” industry is booming. There are so many products out there that first-time parents  don’t know where to start when it’s comes to registering. Thank goodness I found this book called “Baby Bargains”. Everything from cribs to strollers to bottles is categorized and rated so that you, the consumer can make the best choice when shopping. I also found a website called Lucie’s List that is written by a Mom. She tells you what not to buy and what her favorite baby necessities are. If it weren’t for these two resources I would be completely lost. One thing I’ve learned is, don’t walk into Babies R’Us without doing your research!

In a week we (hopefully) find out if Mini Mash is a boy or girl! Then the planning really begins. But for right now I’m putting together a few wish lists for our registries with items that are not gender-specific. There are a bunch of items I’m so excited about. The stroller, car seat, swing and baby carrier, just to name a few.

In my research I’ve also found a handful of items I fell in love with then saw the price tag! Like this stroller:

Uppa Vista 2012 Stroller $699

UppaBaby Vista 2012 Stroller $699

Source

Don’t worry this will not be on the registry. Are they crazy? I love the mint color.

So what do you think? Boy or Girl?

 

No comments: