We bought our house almost two years ago. It’s hard to believe. Time really does fly by. Decorating it and making the space our own has been fun and sometimes frustrating. I have a picture in my head of how I want a room to look like and I’ll spend way too much time on the internet trying to find exactly what I want. Most of the time I’m left disappointed by the lack of options and the non-budget friendly prices. I think that’s why I love stores like TJMax so much. Home décor for budget-conscious domestic wannabees like me! I’m still so excited about my recent finds and I’m having fun thinking of ways to incorporate the pieces into my house.
Since last August when I started blogging and reading others’ blogs my desktop folder of inspiration and ideas has really expanded. It’s full of crafts, décor ideas, pictures, videos, and fashion. You know how turquoise is my favorite color, so when I saw this chandelier I fell in love.
This beauty has been in my desktop folder since August. It’s the Turquoise Empire Chandelier by Marjorie Skouras Design. Measures 34” tall and holds 4 bulbs. The price is $6,900.
Imagine my excitement when I saw this blog post on my Google Reader (on my Nook Color-shout out to my hubby-I love my Nook Color TYB).
http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2010/05/make-a-beaded-chandelier/
The post shows you how to make a beaded chandelier using a hanging wire basket, Mardi-Gras style metallic beads, floral wire and spray paint. Total cost for project: $9
This is the end result. I’m definitely going to try making it. It’s simple, classic and beautiful. The blog author bought all of her items at the dollar store. Wish me luck as I scour local dollar stores for beads and wire. Do you think I could find some turquoise beads? hahaha. Here’s to dreaming!
Last week, while browsing the internet for the umpteenth time I found curtains for the dining room that are exactly what I’ve been looking for. I ordered them from JcPenney. When I got home and opened up the package, I squealed in delight at my find. Now I’m scouring the internet for curtain rods. I’ll be sure to post a picture of my new curtains once they’re hung.
No comments:
Post a Comment