Friday, January 16, 2015

27 months old



January 4, 2015
27  months old

Standing in the kitchen, Evie points to me and says "Ma-ma", points to Da-da and says "Da-da, points to Bentley and says "Brub-brub", points to the door and says "a door".

Points to baby album book at her Birthday page and in quick succession says balloon, balloon, a cake, a cake, a balloon, a Ma-ma, a Da-da, a crown.

Celebrated with cousins and loved up on them. Hugged Ethan and Kaleigh and Brennan. She even 'stole' some of Brennan's sparkling juice at the kid table. Wow, she loved it. She would take a sip then start giggling. She really only drinks water and milk so this was a special treat!

Loves the Christmas tree. We put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving. It's lit up all day long. She call the ornaments, "balls".

She is fighting naps like never before. Many days she doesn't sleep at all and just plays with her babies and talks. Sometimes her "nap time" lasts 3.5 hours when Mommy is trying to get some rest after work. On those days, she plays in her crib and talks while I have my earplugs in and sleep. However, she has been sleeping in past 8 am. Sometimes after 8:30 am. Although I have a feeling she wakes up before then and has some quiet time in her crib before letting us know she's awake.

The Frozen obsession is still going strong!

She knows how to get what she wants. Hugs and kisses are in her repertoire of tactics.

"Cute shoes" she says as she's showing me her new magnetic play doll outfit.

"Hold you" she says with her arms up. It is the sweetest thing ever.

"I no want this"- talking about the veggies I had put on her dinner plate.

"Towel, towel, Ma-ma" she asks. I give her a paper towel and she goes over to her high chair and wipes up  the morning's raspberry stain on the tray then throws the towel away in the trash can.

I was leaving for work one night, Matt was holding her and I gave her a kiss then she points to Da-da for me to kiss Matt. It went back and forth like this for awhile! :)

Bedtime is still at 7:30 pm and she wakes up around 7:30-8:30 am. She won't yell for us to get her. She likes to have quiet time when she wakes up.

This last month Evie and I had our last nursing session. She has been slowly weaning for awhile. Mid December, the nursing sessions drastically decreased. She had been nursing once a day for months. But all of a sudden she went a few days without nursing, then would ask for it then she went a few more days without it. And on December 13, our breastfeeding journey ended. Of course when it happened I didn't know it would be the last time.  But looking back our last nursing session was very special. She let me hold her like a baby and was content like that in my arms for a few minutes. She has asked for "boobies" sporadically since then and I had to tell her that "it's all gone". This only happened when she was sick with a cold and not feeling well. Thankfully I was able to distract her with some milk in a cup.  I hope to write a separate blog post about our breastfeeding journey in the next couple weeks. Just like Evie's birth story, I enjoy looking back at old blog posts and reminiscing.




No comments: