Tuesday, August 12, 2014

21 months old

One of these times I will get the monthly update up at a decent time......not weeks later! Evie is now over 22 months old! Let me start this off by saying that it is nearly impossible to get a picture of Evie sitting in her nursery chair smiling at me. Or at least looking at me. :) 
This month I was able to get a few cute pictures. I love her outfit. It's from one of my favorite stores, H&M. The only downfall of the romper is there's no snaps in the diaper region, which means you have to take the whole outfit off to change her diaper. I don't think a mother designed it! ;)
Anyway, here is Evelyn's 21 month update.







I have 16 teeth. No more since last month. I brush them with my two toothbrushes. I have to have both of them. I've had a fair share of tantrums, which have earned me "discipline" from Ma-ma and Da-da. Don't think the "discipline" is really working though. The other night Mommy was trying to put me to bed and I was not listening to her telling me repeatedly to come down off the chair and lay down to put my sleep sack on. Instead I was "Evie-ing" in my nursery chair ignoring her. She asks me if I want my hand smacked because I'm not listening. So I give her my hand to smack with a grin on my face! She was not very happy, I could tell. But she played it off like no big deal. Finally I did get down off the chair and laid down...

I do not like sitting in shopping carts. I'd much rather be exploring and pulling things off shelves. Mommy tries to trick me with goldfish, teddy grahams and fruit snacks. The only place I will sit in the cart is Publix because I get to eat a sugar cookie from the bakery. 

This month I have discovered how much I like looking at books and being read to. I bring Ma-ma books to read to me and sit down in her lap. I point at the pictures and she tells me what it is. Sometimes I try and repeat after her. Right now my favorite books are my baby books. It's become our routine that before naptime and bedtime we open up each book that Ma-ma made me with my baby pictures in them and look thru each page. She says that it's me but I'm not so sure. I recognize her and Da-da and Grandma and Granddad though. 

I love eating black beans sprinkled with cumin powder, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, waffles, chicken nuggets and sugar snap peas. I nurse 2-4 times/day, mostly for comfort.

We went to Grandma and Granddad's house this month. I didn't enjoy the car ride there. I was frustrated and screamed for 1 hr 45 minutes. But on the way home with Da-da and Brub-brub was much better. My grandparents spoiled me and mommy and daddy. They even got to go on a dinner date. We celebrated the Fourth of July with my cousins and Uncle Ernie and Aunt Shannon. I saw fireworks for the first time! And I wasn't scared.

I go to 'school' once a week. I've gotten much better in recent weeks. Just last week when Mommy dropped me off, I ran over to my teacher Ms. Ashley and hugged her. She picked me up and I waved bye-bye to Mommy. My favorite activity is being outside. The teachers caught on to that real quick!

I understand a lot of what is said to me. I can follow commands by throwing things away in the trash can and laying down when told to get my diaper changed (but only when I want to)! I say Ma-ma, Da-da, brub-brub and more.
I know where my nose, eyes, ears and mouth are. I love playing that game with Mommy.

I love playing outside. I especially love playing in my water sprinkler.

I sleep in my crib with my two baby dolls. I still wear my sleep sack. Bedtime is at 7:30 pm, but I try to delay it as much as possible. I wake up around 7 am. Naptime is at 1 pm and I usually sleep for 2-3 hours. This past week I finally stopped crying for long periods of time when I'm put to bed (it started when I first went to daycare).

I lay down randomly on the floor curled up in a ball all the time. Mommy calls it "Evie-ing". She has quite a few pictures of me doing it. I'm just comfortable that way and want to lay down. 

My favorite toys are my baby dolls and my baby stroller. I also like my purse and anything that I can put in to my purse and carry around. 


I have a summer tan from playing outside. I even have tan lines on my feet.

I love to wave, even strangers. I give the best neck hugs. I also kiss on the lips on demand! 

My hair is getting fuller. But it's still short.

Bentley is my best buddy. Although we have a little sibling rivalry going on!

No comments: