We're all told how fast kids grow up. Over and over again I was told when I was pregnant and when Evie was born to cherish this time with her as she will grow up so fast! This past year has gone by in a blink of an eye. Seriously. I can recall so vividly Evie's birthday. What I was wearing, what I was doing, how I was feeling, how labor started. I remember what I was thinking, that today was finally the day! Five days past her due date, she was finally coming! And boy, did she come in a hurry! :) Her birth story is one for the books. She was born exactly how I prayed she would be. Quickly, naturally and calmly. Well at the end, not so calm! But I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery experience.
Evelyn Rose was born on October 4, 2012 at 2:54 pm. 7 pounds 3 ounces and 21 inches long.
365 days later, she has grown into a toddling little girl. She is my sunshine and my joy. My greatest accomplishment.
![]() |
| October 4, 2012 October 4, 2013 |
Happy Birthday Evelyn!
On Friday October 4, we spent the day together as a family. Evie enjoyed her first donut!
After Evie's morning we ran errands to prepare for her birthday party the next day. Evie wore a first birthday outfit I got from etsy. com. :)
We spent the day playing, setting up for the party and preparing various party treats.
We had Evie open up her presents from us. She surprised us both by having fun tearing up the wrapping paper on her gifts.







Her favorite gifts were her shopping cart and toy smart phone. After opening up the shopping cart, she immediately 'took it for a spin' around the living room with a big smile on her face. She carried around the smart phone for the rest of the night. The only way I could get these pictures in her chair was if she was holding it!


After playing with all her new toys, it was time for a quick snack and her bedtime routine. Evie's first birthday went by in a flash. Just like the day she was born.We had so much fun celebrating Evie turning one year old!
This is evidence that she feeds Bentley right out of her hand!



















No comments:
Post a Comment