Sunday, July 7, 2013

Idlewild 2013

A couple Saturdays ago (June 29) we met up with the rest of the Libengood family for a fun day at Idlewild Park. I couldn't wait to see Evelyn experience everything that the park has to offer, especially the carousel and Soakzone. She hung out while I rode some of the rides with her cousins. I can't wait until she's bigger so we can have some fun together on my favorite rides at the park. When we finally made it over to the carousel, her eyes widened at the sights and sounds. Evie rode on her own horse that went up and down. She loved it!  She held onto the reins and talked and laughed the entire ride! We went on a second time and she was even more animated! It's safe to say that she was a big fan!

During a brief downpour we enjoyed potato patch fries and chicken tenders for lunch in the Mineshaft Kitchen. After the rain passed we watched Kaleigh and Brennan play in the Jumpin' Jungle. Then we got our gear and headed to Soakzone for Evelyn's first time in the water. As Matt and I surveyed the beach chairs and found a place to lay our stuff, Evie fell asleep in my arms. One second she's looking around and talking and the next I look down and she's passed out with her head on my shoulder. What a cutie!
 Matt and I took this opportunity to experience the Lazy River! So while Evie napped in her stroller, Grandma and Grandpa watched over her. 
The Lazy River was awesome! So carefree and relaxing. Matt and I had a lot of fun! I definitely recommend it. Can't wait until next year to experience it again. I told Matt that going around the Lazy River a few times just the two of us was like a mini-vacation! ;) Afterwards, we woke Evie up from her nap to go to the Kiddie Pool. She wasn't a fan. The water was too cold. Oh well, maybe next year! We took a bunch of pictures but as you can see, she did not like the water. 
After changing our clothes, we ate dinner and hung out for a little while in the pavilion. It was getting late so we decided to leave the park and get some ice cream before heading home. Shannon and Ernie recommended an ice cream shop that has 24 soft serve flavors! Matt got the Turtle Sundae and I got a German Chocolate soft serve cone. It was amazing! Evie had a few bites of both of ours!  
It was a great day full of memories-in-the-making. :)

Enjoy the pictures from our fun day at Idlewild Park!






























 





Haha, yes the matching bathing suits was on purpose. I couldn't resist! :) You know how much I love the color mint.



1 comment:

Crystal said...

haha you two are too cute in the matching color suits! haha love it!