I'm so proud of Evie. A few weeks ago, we made the BIG transition from the newborn napper in the pack-n-play to her crib. March 1 was her first sleep in her Big girl crib. The first night was really rough. She slept for five out of 12 hours. I 'slept' beside her crib. At one point, all I could do was hold her hand thru the railing and comfort her. We both fell asleep. The second night was better. And now she LOVES it. She has so much more room to move. At bedtime, she immediately rolls over. She is a tummy sleeper (just like her Mommy)!
On the morning of March 14, we heard her talking on the monitor. We turned on the video and saw her on her belly. She had rolled over!! For the first time! And we missed it! Guess she wanted to get it right first before showing off. ;)
This morning we found her upside down and on her belly! Little peanut is gonna be pulling herself up before we know it. I'm just waiting for the morning when we walk into her room and see her standing up in her crib!
As you can see from the pictures, she loves her bed. Her bedtime routine is bath (every other night), lotion/massage, diaper and butt paste, pajamas, sleep sack and feeding. We turn the white noise machine on and rock her for a few minutes. At this point she lays her head back and closes her eyes. We rock her back and forth and gently lay her in her crib. Most of the time she rolls over and drifts back to sleep. She is usually sleeping by 8pm. She has made such a smooth transition to sleeping in her crib. I miss her in our room but I think we're all sleeping better!
No comments:
Post a Comment